500 Oxford Street
+61 2 9387 7828
Reviews of El Topo Basement
- Gustavo Henke Added January 04, 2020★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆Okay-ish club. They do sometimes play Brazilian music, and that's when the parties really shine! Other than that, just no.
- Ryan Barrow Added December 26, 2019★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Bought a ticket for an event that was advertised till 4 and ended before 2
- Jonny Lobosco Added December 26, 2019★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Google asked to share my experience, it's too bad I didn't make it past the door because of the under payed guards and manager who value their ego over making money. When trying to get in for an end of the year party for exchange students a friend of mine was denied entry because she was "showing signs of being drunk" even though I spent the entire night with her and she drank as much as everyone with us, even though we all were allowed entry before. Upon defending my friend from the guards, hate to say it, very rude remarks, I was also denied entry because of a "previous relationship with the guards". I just want to warn any out of towners to avoid this spot unless looking for an experience of being berated. A final point, the guards made my friend cry that's how bad it was...
- jordan willis Added December 21, 2019★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Horrible place, security were rude after my female friends were being touched inappropriately but it was fine by security because "he's a regular" so me and my friends got kicked out after this man got a drink thrown on him. Recommending to never go to this place unless you want to get rubbed on by creepy guys and then thrown out for it.
- Simon Added December 13, 2019★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆Unless it's a special event (like halloween) El Topo basement usually has a 75% chance of being close to empty, really dissapointing. For bigger events if you arrive early it takes 0.30-1 hour for the venue to fill up, any other normal day or irelevant event it never fills up and it stays really empty (7-21 people at most). Bouncers are hectic tho.
Share this page
Today's weather in Bondi Junction NSW
13:00 28 ℃ 1011 hPa 84 % 3 m/s 16:00 28 ℃ 1009 hPa 86 % 6 m/s 19:00 27 ℃ 1011 hPa 87 % 6 m/s 22:00 26 ℃ 1014 hPa 88 % 7 m/s